A Brief overview of RKVY
To spur growth in agriculture & allied sectors National Development Council in its meeting held on 29th May 2007 observed that a special Additional Central Assistance (ACA) scheme be introduced to incentivize States to draw up a comprehensive agriculture development plans taking into account Agro climatic conditions, natural resources &technology for ensuring more inclusive & integrated development of agriculture & allied sectors. In pursuance to the above observation Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt of India launched the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) in the year 2007 – 08 which has been operational since then. RKVY aims at achieving & sustaining desired annual growth during XII plan period by ensuring holistic development of agriculture & allied sectors.
Eligibility Criteria :- A state will become eligible to receive RKVY allocation, if & only if
- The base line share of Agriculture & allied sectors in iys total State Plan ( excluding RKVY funds ) expenditure is at least maintained &
- District Agriculture Plans (DAP) & State Agriculture Plan (SAP) have been formulated.
The broad areas of focus are
- Infrastructure & Assets
- Special schemes
- Production growth
State Level Project Screening Committee (SLPSC) :- A State Level Project Screening Committee (SLPSC) has been constituted for screening of RKVY project proposals under the Chairmanship of the Agricultural Production Commissioner (APC). The other members are the heads of various organizations which are availing funds from RKVY. The SLPSC screens all the project proposals including DPRs for ensuring conformity with RKVY guidelines. After thoroughly screening the DPRs & project proposals are recommended to the State Level Sanctioning Committee (SLSC) for consideration of sanctioning the projects.
State Level Sanctioning Committee (SLSC) :- The State Level Sanctioning Committee (SLSC) is headed by the Chief Secretary of the state & is vested with the authority to sanction specific projects recommended by the SLPSC under each stream of RKVY. The quorum for SLSC would not be complete without the presence of at least one representative from Govt. of India. The SLSC will inter alia. be responsible for the following
- Sanctioning the projects under RKVY.
- Monitoring progress of each project sanctioned by it under each stream of RKVY.
- Reviewing implementation of the scheme objectives & ensure that the projects / schemes are implemented in accordance with the guidelines laid down.
- Ensuring that no duplication of efforts or resources takes place.
- Commissioning / undertaking field studies to monitor implementation of the projects.
- Initiating evaluation studies from time to time as may be required.
- Undertaking any other project of importance to the State’s Agriculture & allied sectors.
Ensuring that there are no inter district disparities with respect to the financial patterns / subsidy assistance in the project.